The Heights Athletic Association began in 1955 on the south side of Bethlehem in 1955. The original location was on Anthracite Street in the "Heights" section of the south side. The club began with a few hundred members and has grown to about 2800 members currently. The club was founded by Nick Dutko at its original location.

Bethlehem Steel Corporation built a Basic Oxygen Furnace in 1967-1968 and displaced the Heights Athletic Association from its Anthracite Street location.

The Heights Athletic Association then moved to 2345 Easton Avenue in 1968 and began growing with members. The club was enhanced and improved over time with the addition of a large walk-in cooler and a small kitchen.

In 2000 the club began planning for major remodeling which included a larger dining room, new bathrooms, and renovations to the entire first floor. In addition to the first floor renovations, the downstairs area was excavated and made as large as the area on the first floor. Bathrooms were added to the downstairs area and a new Banquet Hall was completed in what was once a storage area. This Banquet Hall can now be rented to members for groups of 20-100 people. The cost of this major project that included renovations to the upstairs and downstairs was estimated to cost $750,000.

Currently, members can enjoy a relaxed friendly atmosphere when they come in for dinner or a few casual drinks.

We would like to thank all the members who make this organization a first class club.